Jennifer M. Coon
Jennifer Coon has over 20 years of diverse public accounting experience. Before joining Metzler Locricchio Serra & Co. P.C., Jennifer worked for two of the big four accounting firms, the second largest Michigan based firm as well as smaller, local firms.
Jennifer uses her collaborative style to work with clients’ owners, chief financial officers and controllers to achieve their goals. Her client experience includes numerous industries as well as mergers and acquisitions, clients with multi-state operations and consolidations with non-controlling interests.
Areas of Expertise:
- Audits, compilations, and reviews
- Retirement plan audits
- Consulting with owners of closely-held entities to understand internal controls and recommended cost effective ways to strengthen existing controls and implement missing controls
- Due diligence related to business acquisitions
Bachelors of Science with concentration in Accounting, Wayne State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Current Member
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants, Current Member and Current Vice Chair Person of the Employee Benefits Task Force
- MichBusiness Thrive Affinity Group - Females in the Family Business (f.k.a. Walsh Affinity Group) , Moderator from January 2014 to October 2016
- Executive Women International, Co-Director of Retention and Recruitment from October 2012 to July 2013
- Automation Alley, Member, Finance Committee from April 2011 to July 2013